"Let my heart be broken with the things that break God's heart" — Bob Pierce, World Vision founder

Friday, August 19, 2011

Friday Night Freedom

Tonight's movie night. Meaning less study time. Last friday looked like this:

Believe me, it was tons of fun.

I've had a stressful day and it's time to unwind, is how I look at it. Everything's going pretty well, however. I need to get some cleaning done...and lots of homework. But I got this. I started a project of drawing stingrays and the Psalms scripture "Be still, and know that I am God." It's pretty cool so far, and gets rid of that terrible white expanse behind the tv entertainment center.

My fantastic aunt and uncle bought me a new bike, so I will be getting some exercise and biking to class in the mornings, especially when mission term starts in January. What is mission term, you ask? Well, it is a two month-long period where we, the AIMers, must not use our cars, text services, video games, movies, or any fast food providers. So we will be walking and busing (and biking) to classes, to the grocery store, and anywhere else we happen to want to go. As you can imagine, we will lose quite a lot of weight from the additional exercise and the lack of quick-and-easy food. Considering that I have been living off fruit and vegetables, and my roommates off of vienna sausages and spaghetti-O's, I don't believe much cooking will be done. Hooray for preparation to be a missionary!!
I got my passport application today, so that in February I will in be in Mexico!

Classes have gotten tougher, but I've been acing my tests and staying caught up (soon to hopefully get ahead), so it's not so bad. I've learned more about Christianity in this week and a half than I did in years of halfhearted personal study, so it feels pretty great. However, it's time for me to put away all the stuff that has accumulated on my bed. Much love and God bless!

AIMing from Lubbock,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment